Indoor Visitation Notice
On August 5th, 2021, we were given more guidance on Vaccinations and Visitations. Due to the recent uptick in COVID-19 positivity rates with the Delta variance, the Department of Public Health has ordered Skilled Nursing Facilities to implement the following mitigation measures effective immediately.
Sunray Healthcare Center will require proof of COVID-19 Vaccination via the following methods:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention of WHO Yellow Card) which includes the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date the last dose administered; OR
- a photo of Vaccination Record Card as a separate document; OR
- a photo of the client’s Vaccination Record Card stored on a phone or electronic device; OR
- documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider; OR
- digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates, and vaccine type.
Unvaccinated, partially vaccinated or visitors unable to provide proof of vaccination status are eligible for indoor visits only if they can show documentation of a negative SARS-CoV-2 test where the specimen collection occurred within 72 hours before each visit and for which the test results are available at the time of the entry to the facility. Visitors may use either PCR testing or antigen testing. Any PCR or antigen test used must either have Emergency Use Authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or be operating per the Laboratory Developed Test requirements by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
All visitors, regardless of vaccination status or test result, must:
- wear a well-fitting face mask (a surgical mask or double masking is recommended) upon entry and at all times within the facility;
- wear any other personal protective equipment (PPE) while in the patient’s room that facility personnel deem appropriate to the situation; and
- physically distance from health care personnel and other patients/residents/visitors that are not part of their group at all times while in the facility.
Visitors who are visiting a patient in critical condition, when death may be imminent, or in compassionate care are exempt from the vaccination and testing requirements. These visitors will still need to comply with the mask, PPE, and social distancing requirements.
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to ensure COVID-19 stays out of Sunray Healthcare Center. We are doing our best to comply with all the regulations set forth for us to keep our residents, employees, and visitors as well as vendors safe and protected. Please feel free to reach out to us if there are any questions, concerns, or comments.